Focus on bringing your next innovation to market. Let an independent, on-demand testing center of excellence provide a unified and balanced combination of test planning, test management, automated testing services, best practices, tools, and technologies. Applying a TCoE within a managed quality assurance group resolves the challenges associated with decentralized and under-performing testing functions.
In the traditional quality assurance process, there are a number of business lines or projects that work in parallel. Each quality assurance team has unique assets, teams, infrastructures, tools, and processes that are not usually shared with other business lines. This can cause gaps, stalls, or duplication of effort and expenses. It is also difficult for an organization to manage subject matter expert availability to test applications on demand.
A study conducted by the National Institute of Standards and Technology reported that software bugs (coding issues as well as integration challenges) cost the United States economy $59.5 billion annually. Further, the study found that more than a third of this cost could be avoided if better testing was performed.
This is where an on-demand testing center of excellence comes in. By providing a unified and balanced combination of test planning, test management, automated testing services, best practices, tools, and technologies, it can mitigate the costs of software bugs.
Software Testing Center of Excellence
The Aversan software testing center of excellence is a centralized testing model that brings people and infrastructure together into a shared services function for standardizing test processes, optimizing resource utilization, and creating re-usable test assets. These features bring the scalability, consistency, and objectivity needed to ensure the interoperability, reliability, and safety of complex software systems and applications.
Benefits of A Software Testing Center of Excellence
- Ensure high reliability of your software with standardization of processes, tools, test effectiveness, and test efficiency.
- Speed up time-to-market with test process improvements in test strategy & planning, automation, test case optimization and test management.
- Access testing resources on-demand through a scalable and flexible service.
- Manage software testing independently from your organization to meet audit and compliance guidelines.
- Save 15-30% on subsequent testing with reusable test components & mitigate the need for expensive software fixes after release.
Focus on the work that matters. A testing center of excellence can provide the necessary expertise and support that allows your team to work uninterrupted and with confidence. Learn more about the full testing services available from Aversan here.